Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fav Feeding Bowl to Pack

I started the habit of carrying a feeding bowl with lid in my diaper bag when Sam 1st started eating solids nearly 2 yrs ago. At that time, the bowl was for mashing up the foods for the baby to eat. After Sam started self-feeding, the bowl became my best friend in restaurants that don't provide plastic kids' utensils.

All this time I've bought multiple brands & types of feeding bowls, some collecting dust aft one time use, others still wonderfully sturdy aft months of abuse by the adventurous toddler.

Now that most eating places stock plasticware for kids & Sam's learnt not to throw the ceramic plates on the dining table, my latest fav: The First Years' TumbleMates Bowls with Snap & Stay Lids.


This is the green one with Fish & Chips leftovers from lunch today at Madam Kwan's (Pavilion outlet). Sam can never clear his plate at lunchtime, not even with kid-size portions, and it used to be a trifle embarassing asking to tabao the leftovers (esp. when it's only a teeny portion) for Sam to eat after his afternoon nap.

Now, I'll pop an empty bowl into the diaper bag before leaving home, assured the lid will keep the bowl clean. Any leftovers from Sam's lunch goes into the bowl, & I can simply warm it up in the microwave later & feed Sam directly without washing another container.

This bowl has no handles, & the lid really is leak-proof, so it's great for on-the-go. If I fill it with soup or such, I add a plastic bag, but so far there's been no accidents when I place it flat at the bottom of my diaper bag.

I got my set of 3 (blue, green & yellow) in Great Eastern Mall's Choo! Choo! Train, & have seen it sold in Metrojaya departmental stores too. Price? Hee, sorry, I forgot already........

No comments:

Post a Comment