Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jack's Place @ Safra Jurong

Couldn't decide where to eat on a Saturday night, and we finally decided to try out the Jack's Place at Safra Jurong. Sam happily greeted the security guard on duty as we entered the club, and couldn't understand why none of his friends were having dinner at the same place!

As we had hoped, parking was aplenty & so were the seats, though there were 3 separate dinners going on in the Chinese restaurant on level 2! I guess it really makes sense NOT to eat Chinese during the Chinese New Year period! ;P

Sam didn't need to sit on the Ikea high chair available, and I was pleased to see the waiters serve the plastic kids' utensils & kid's menu immediately after we settle down. Had to ask another to remove the lighted candle on the table though.

Hubby settled on the Seafood Spaghetti ($12), which was to his satisfaction; I went loose and ordered the Striploin Steak ($28), adding $4.20 for the daily soup (mushroom yesterday), daily dessert (profiterole) & coffee/tea. Hubby also added a starter - Lobster Crab Mushroom ($7.60), which was juicy & cheesy and generally delicious, as long as you don't go hunting for the near-invisble slivers of lobster.

I love the tradition of a server coming up to the diner to add as much toppings - sour cream, bacon bits & chopped spring onions - as the diner wants to the baked potato. The vegetables were nicely cooked: still crunchy but not raw at all. My steak was a trifle too red for my taste.......I guess I should have stuck to well-done instead of going adventurous, and after finishing the meat I couldn't finish the potato as well.

I was keen to try out the kids' menu for Sam, but since he eats his spaghetti dry and had had chicken nuggets for lunch, I went for the simple Sausage & Egg set ($5.50), thinking of letting partake my baked potato. Turns out the set came with fries (wasn't described in the menu), so Sam happily devoured all, and also the scoop of ice-cream that accompanied with the set. Surprisingly he wasn't keen to try the cola that came with the set (it had said orange juice on the menu, and no one asked our preference for the drink), so hubby & I polished it off.

What surprised me was that after finishing his entire set meal, Sam was still hungry! Fortunately we had saved a slice of the free garlic bread that was served at the beginning of the dinner for him. ;P Sam polished off half the slice on the short walk to the carpark!! I guess he's becoming the sort of Chinese male who wouldn't be full without rice for dinner!


Jack's Place
Jurong Safra Country Club
333 Boon Lay Way
Tel: 6795-9226

No comments:

Post a Comment