Friday, November 7, 2008

Back at Shimbashi Soba

After 3.5 yrs I finally get to eat at one of my fav Jap restaurants again:

Shimbashi Soba
#B1-41, Paragon
290 Orchard Road
Tel: 67359882

I managed to beat the lunchtime crowd, & hence the waitress was able to arrange a table for me & Sam in a corner, without me worrying abt the hordes of customers later.

Baby chair: The waitress was good, asked if I needed a baby chair at the point of me requesting for a table. The Ikea chair didn't have its safety belt though, Sam spent some time looking for it!

Kids' utensils: Like the service, since they presented the full baby set - plastic bowl & cup (half filled with water & a straw), small metal spoon & fork - without me even asking for it!

Entertainment: Nil.

Kids' menu: They have kid's size portions available, so I ordered a S$6.80 Tanuki (soba in soup with fried batter) for Sam.

The portion is only slightly smaller than the usual serving, and Sam turns out not to like the soup, so the whole bowl was wasted. I should have gotten him his fav zaru soba (cold soba) instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment