Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rice Option in Dim Sum Meals

Had lunch again (see previous experience) at Crystal Jade Palace, and this time, hubby was in the mood for a dim-sum-only meal. Sam as usual polished off 3 whole shrimp dumplings (虾饺), but I wanted to get some carbohydrates into him, so I repeated my usual 'trick': mix the fillings of a dumpling with some rice.

->

The chives dumpling (韭菜饺) of Crystal Jade Palace are pretty good, so I ordered a bowl of white rice & mixed some of it with the fillings of the chives dumpling. This has the added advantage of getting some vegetables (the chives) into Sam, in addition to the minced pork & prawns.

It was a waste of the dumpling wrapping, but which Chinese mother would feel assured with her son eating only prawns for lunch???? Anyway, this shortcut saves me the trouble of mincing up the meat/prawn, and the dish is steamed, so it's not too oily........better than ordering fried rice, I thought! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment