Friday, November 21, 2008

Seating a Child in a Coffee Shop

I seldom like to bring Sam to eat in coffee shops or hawker centres, one of the reasons being there's no baby chairs in these eating places, and it's so stressful just to get him to stay seated. I most definitely won't be in a mood to take photos to blog about the occasion!!!!

Today's lunch was an exception, partly cos my in-laws were with me, so I could order my food in peace, partly cos Sam was in a good mood today & finished all his noodles & kwey without much prompting. So I managed this photo near the end of his meal:


This is the typical way to seat children in Singapore's coffee shops - stack up the chairs (they're usually these plastic stackable ones, for ease of storage at closing time) in twos or threes (depending on child's age & height), then the child is placed in the oversized "baby chair".

As there's no safety seat belt, much effort is taken to keeping the child seated properly in the chairs. Fortunately for me, Sam is used to being placed up high for meals close to the table, so he didn't attempt to climb down the chair. My efforts were spent on keeping his buttock on the chair, and not to squat or stand on it!

Perhaps, at this rate, I'll soon be able to eat at my fav hawker centres with Sam soon and actually enjoy the food..............

No comments:

Post a Comment