Monday, November 10, 2008

Noodles & Dumplings of Ding Tai Feng

Dear Mum helped looked after Sam this afternoon so I could have a haircut, and we ended up snacking in Ding Tai Feng (鼎泰丰), Wisma Atria's branch.

Baby chair: the grey & sturdy Rubbermaid version.

Kids' utensils: A cute plastic bowl & a plastic cup full of water with a bendy straw were provided without me asking, which was gratifying. But I wished they've gotten a smaller set of plastic utensils - the transparent tablespoon isn't really suitable for Sam to self-feed.

Entertainment: Nil.

Kids' menu: I ordered the appetiser, pickled lotus root (酸甜藕片, S$2.50), in an attempt to get Sam to eat some kind of vegie. He willingly ate 1 entire piece, but was more interested in the steamed prawn & pork dumpling (虾肉蒸饺, S$7 for 6 pcs), which was easily the best dish we ordered this time.

Had thought Sam would appreciate the hand-made noodles (元盅鸡面, S$10.80), but the noodles were too dry if eaten without the soup, & the chicken soup wasn't exactly delicious, so Mum & I finished most of the bowl ourselves.

Service: call me lazy, but I've gotten used to paying for my meals at my table. Any parent dining alone with an active toddler will agree, it's no joke trying to hold on to the child & the bill & your wallet/purse & the cash/credit card and to wait in line at the cashier in a crowded restaurant. After all, I've already paid the 10% service charge, haven't I? Luckily this time, my mum was with me, & it was a weekday during off-peak hours, so the payment at the cashier went smoothly. But I wouldn't want to go back there alone with Sam during dinner time!


鼎泰丰 Ding Tai Feng
Wisma Atria #02-48
Tel: 6732-1383
Opens 11 am (10 am on weekends & public holidays) to 10 pm.
No reservations accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment