Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Ben & Jerry's Ice-cream Treat

Silly hubby wanted to have a X'mas lunch instead of dinner, thinking it'll be less crowded. So I dragged Sam all the way to VivoCity on a rainy day. Sam's hungry tummy couldn't possibly wait till his daddy gets off work at 1pm, so we ended up having Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

I had thought Sam would wanna eat chocolate chip cookies, so I ordered the Double Cookies Euphoria ($12.50). Turns out Sam was more interested in the mini M&Ms toppings!!!!!! I ended up finishing all 5 cookies on my own, and was hence too full to eat lunch till 3 pm!

One thing I like about Ben & Jerry's ice cream is that some of its flavours are full of chunky bits, like the New York Super Fudge Chunk, so Sam could happily chew his way through. But perhaps I shouldn't have gotten both scoops of chocolate flavoured ice cream: my throat got so dry from all the cookies & chocolate I had to drink several cups of the free flow chilled water provided!

I hadn't bothered to ask if there were any baby chairs provided at the outlet. The tables and chairs provided were so cute & colourful Sam easily climbed up one himself, while I was trying to decide on my order. Apparently I've done something right: after Sam got tired of sitting down, he actually asked for my permission to get off the chair, even though there's no safety belt tying him down!

Apparently the place is rather popular with parents giving their children, and themselves, a sweet treat. Even passerbys can't help but stop & take photos with the resident cow at the shop entrance:

Oh, turns out the Ben & Jerry's website has a number of games (free) for children to play, including some craftwork. Sam is still too young for these, but you may find http://www.benjerry.com.sg/mysticmoo an interesting site to visit.


Ben & Jerry's (VivoCity)
1 HarbourFront Walk #02-135/136
Tel: 6736-9917

No comments:

Post a Comment