Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sam's 1st Burger

Went to Ikea Alexandra to get another bookcase to display all our European/Japanese/Malaysian souvenirs. Sam had a wild time at the Children's Area with my mum while I shopped for more containers to hold my sewing stuff, so by 11.15 am we were ready to have our lunch at the Ikea Restaurant.

This time, I ordered the Fish Burger set (S$2.90) off the kids' menu for Sam. It's the 1st time he had a mini burger, and he didn't know how to eat it - he speared the top bun with his fork & pondered at the mayonnaise underneath! I had to demonstrate how he's supposed to how the burger with his hands & bite, but he wasn't in an adventurous mood. Ended up only taking 2 small nips from my feeding & then he went back to eating his fries.

After our wonderful experiences in Holland and Kuala Lumpur, it was disappointing to find that the Singapore Ikea has given up offering its plastic forks, spoons, bowls & plates at the microwave station. The only kids' utensils left is the plastic cup, self-served at the beginning of the queue for the food.

Otherwise, the Singapore Ikea is like its counterparts overseas, offering its own white baby chair in abundance, and a play area for children in the middle of the restaurant with bar-counter-like seats all around for the hungry parents. I never bring Sam near the play area though - I'll never get him to eat properly otherwise!


Ikea Alexandra
317 Alexandra Road
Tel: 6786-6868
Restaurant opens daily from 9:30 am ~ 10 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment