Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Creamy Linguini in PastaMania

Mother wanted to try pasta, so I brought her to PastaMania for some reasonably priced Italian food. The Marinara Seafood penne ($10.80) was as good as I remembered. What was new (to me, since it wasn't available 4 yrs ago when I left the country) was the kid's menu.

For $6.90 ~ $7.90, depending on the pasta dish chosen, the kid's set comes with the pasta, 2 pcs garlic bread, and a bottle of juice. I've already ordered a 7" Chicken Ham & Mushroom pizza ($9.20) for Sam, since he usually doesn't take pasta, but I couldn't resist wondering if there's anything special about the kid's menu, so I ordered the $7.90 Alfredo (chicken in cream sauce) linguine to try.

Well, the slightly smaller portion of pasta was served in a pasta bowl surrounded by colourful vegetables. Other than that, there wasn't anything kiddy about the set! The garlic bread was the same serving size as the usual adult set, as was the juice. There wasn't even smaller sized cutlery available! Fortunately the plates were all plastic & Sam's now big enough to tolerate the adult-sized spoon.

Needless to say, I was the one who ate most of the kid's meal. About the only consolation to the meal was that Sam, surprisingly, was willing to eat the cream sauce-based linguine. Wonder if he was too hungry, or does he simply dislike the tomato-based version (this is the 1st time he tried the cream sauce).......

Point to note: the white Ikea baby chairs are hidden goodness-knows-where by the restaurant and could not be seen by the usual customer (ie. me). You have request for it.


PastaMania (West Mall)
1 Bukit Batok Central Link
#01-40 West Mall (on the outside of the building)
Tel: 6793-9315

No comments:

Post a Comment